Privet! Hedge!

I love high-impact live arrangements and am always drawn to images in design magazines of modern rooms with unexpected and fresh arrangements that truly command attention.  With late spring in the air, and the privet hedge in the family garden in desperate need of a haircut, the timing was finally right to create my own.  I arrived home with a pink basket full of privet snippets, which I cut to be as long as possible - some of them were almost four feet high!
I trimmed the stems such that no leaves or small branches would be below the water line, and then I just started arranging them in a clear glass vase I'd bought at Winners about 3 years ago for only $10.  After a mere 15 minutes or so, my over-scale arrangement was complete... and I couldn't be more pleased with the results.  It's huge - almost as wide as our round dining room table - and soft and fresh and green, and a great hit of spring in our modern condo.
It's a week old and still looks great - it hasn't dropped even one leaf yet - so as long as I stay on top of its hydration needs (it's a heavy drinker), hopefully it'll keep cheering up our dining room table for weeks to come! 

Comments

  1. I love the privet hedge arrangement but what really interests me is the wall of photos and pictures in the background - which looks amazing. Any advice on how to create something like this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Stay tuned for a whole write-up about our salon wall project :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts