Welcome to The Edgemere Furniture Company!

Q:  What is upcycling??


A:  It's the general concept of taking the old, broken, vintage, abandoned or useless, showing them some love, and turning them into modern treasures! 


For us, The Edgemere Furniture Company, it's a great combination of recycling and re-purposing, design and a whole lot of DIY, with a little "Canadian Pickers" thrown in for good measure.


We're a small enterprise, based out of our family's old barn, and we buy and salvage pieces to turn into upcycling masterpieces.  We're not professionals, just adventurous DIYers hoping to share our experiences and projects with you.  And the best part is.... it doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg!  We're constantly looking for new ways to improve and revamp our place by shopping smartly, DIYing what we can, upcycling whatever possible, and curating collections of things we truly love.  Here, we'll fill you in on everything we're currently obsessed with: new finds, trends we're following, furniture we're refinishing, design projects, decorating ideas, tips we've learned along the way, and things we generally love.   


We're also available for hire!  If you have a project you'd like upcycled, refinished, or repurposed, send us an email at edgemerefurniturecompany@gmail.com !


Keep checking back for updates... and for info on pieces currently for sale!
Also, we're constantly on the look for pieces with good, clean lines, so if you're buying or selling, get in touch with us!




Comments

  1. Super idea - do you have any suggetions for the "way too many" old pickle jars, bottles and other glass itmes that I keep thinking are useful, but seem to multiply like bunnies in my pantry :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I do! I've been working on a project for a garden party that should address those pantry bunnies. Stay tuned :)

      Delete
  2. Great idea! If I didn't live in the Yukon, I would come by and see your stuff. I just discovered a great pine stain called Puritan Pine by Minwax, so if you're finishing pine, it's the real deal.

    Rapper T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely keep it in mind.

      Delete
  3. Sounds grand! Don't forget garbage day picking, especially in the spring! I vary my route each Monday on my way to work, just to eyeball the offerings. Amazing what people think is junk.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I kept a close eye out as Dalhousie students were leaving for the summer, and ended up with a great find that I'm just starting to work on now. As soon as it's complete, I'll let you know!

      Delete
  4. Katie...I'm not surprised about your upcycling business.I've seen your work displayed in your home....it's beautiful.Continued success in the hunt & the restorations.I'm like Leslie myself,checking out the curbsides on garbage day....thank goodness I drive a little Golf!
    A.Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kudos to you Katie! What a great entrepreneurial vision! Let's all dig out our treasures & junk and let you take them to the old barn and a new place!
      ATB & LOL, Karen

      Delete
    2. Kudos to you Katie! What a great entrepreneurial vision! Let's all dig out our treasures & junk and let you take them to the old barn and a new place!
      ATB & LOL, Karen

      Delete
    3. Aunt Linda and Karen - two of the most stylish women I know! Thank you both so much for your support and encouragement :)

      Delete
  5. So loving all of these ideas! I am really interested in upcycled patio furniture? Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie...thought of you this weekend being away and missing "The great curbside give-a-way weekend"...I'm sure you have plenty in that Edgemere barn to carry you along for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts