Balcony Garden.

Our blog has only been up and running for a little over a week, and we've already received so much support, feedback and great ideas.... thank you, thank you!  There are lots of upcycling projects to share in the coming weeks, but for now, the great weather has had me determined to get our "garden" up and running.  A huge lawn and massive flower beds are great (if you have them) but I'll be the first to say that they're hardly pre-requisites to a beautiful and satisfying growing season.  Over the past few years, our small balcony and its 7 pots have become home to an increasingly diverse collection of living things, most of which have done reasonably well.  Among other things, I've learned that petunias practically grow themselves, but I likely won't attempt to grow a watermelon in a pot again.  
Some of last year's harvest - peas and hot peppers: 
This year, it's all about our favourite herbs, ever-bearing strawberries, two ornamental shrubs, and a handful of fuschia geraniums for colour.  We'll let you know how it all works out!
 ( Chives, thyme, and barbeque rosemary )
  ( Boxwood - one of my all-time favourites )

Comments

  1. I have a balcony garden too, but I've always stuck with planting flowers. I had no idea you could grow edibles too (well, besides an herb or two). I'm totally inspired now! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts